Active School Week:
This has been an annual part of St. Kevin’s G.N.S. school calendar for the last number of years. We encourage lots of activity and movement both indoors and outdoors and it is a week that is enjoyed by all.
Active Home Week 2020:
We promoted the Active Home Week activities and challenges for all classes for the week of 27th April to 3rd May 2020. As a school we did the following:
- Reached out to parents/guardians to support the work.
- Supported parents by providing them with ideas to encourage children to build physical activity into their day.
- Encouraged the children to take up a new physical activity and see if they enjoyed it.
- Raised awareness that children need at least 60 minutes of physical activity every day.
- Encouraged parents to send in photos of the children being active at home.
St. Kevin’s Virtual Sports Day- June 2020:
Please have a read of our document below. This covered the week of 22nd – 26th June.